FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEÂ
Patsy Herrington, Managing Director of The W.H. Stark House
The W.H. Stark House and Orange Peel Out Car Club Host Open Car Show
ORANGE, Texas, October 17, 2011 – The W.H. Stark House will partner with the Orange Peel Out Car Club to host the 3rd Annual Open Car Show on Saturday, October 29, 2011, from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. at the Lutcher Theater parking lot at 707 W. Main Avenue, Orange, Texas.Â The Car Show will include cars ranging from antiques to vintage to street rods. Music will be provided Jon Nimitz, and there will also be barbeque and drinks for sale.
Throughout the event, a film showing the 2003 restoration of the Hupmobile will be playing in The W.H. Stark House Carriage House, located at 610 W. Main Avenue in Orange, Texas. The 1909 Hupmobile will be on displayÂ in the Carriage House, and the 1918 Model T Truck will be on the grounds of The W.H. Stark House for the public to see.Â During the Car Show, $2 First-Floor tours of The W.H. Stark House will be available to the public.
All interested parties are welcome to enter cars in the Car Show for a registration fee of $20 prior to the event or $25 on the day of the event. The Orange Peel Out Club is currently accepting Car Show entries ranging from antique to vintage to street rod, and prizes will be awarded in various classes. Participants in the Car Show must be at least 18 years of age or must obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian. More information can be found online, and entry forms are available for download at www.whstarkhouse.org.
Located at 610 West Main Avenue in Orange, Texas, The W.H. Stark House is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.Â For more information, call 409.883.0871 or visit www.whstarkhouse.org.
The W.H. Stark House is partnering with the Orange Peel Out Car Club to host the 3rd Annual Open Car Show that will take place in the Lutcher Theater parking lot on October 29, 2011.
For larger or hi-resolution images, contact Amanda Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The W.H. Stark House
The W.H. Stark House is a Victorian landmark in Orange, Texas, which has been restored to its original splendor. The 14,000 square-foot home was completed in 1894 in Orange, Texas, by William Henry Stark and his wife, Miriam M. Lutcher Stark, prominent philanthropists who occupied the home until 1936. Designed in the Queen Anne architectural style, the house features a distinctive turret, stained glass windows, and ornate woodwork in cypress and long leaf yellow pine.
Today, the three-story structure stands much as it did at the turn of the 20th century, with fifteen rooms of original family furnishings, personal effects and decorative arts, including antique rugs, original textiles, silver, cut glass and antique porcelain. Also featured are The W.H. Stark family’s impressive collections of American Brilliant Period cut glass, pressed and pattern glass, milk glass, porcelains, and other 18th and 19th century decorative accessories. The interior of both The W.H. Stark House and its adjacent Carriage House depicts the home life of The W.H. Starks in the early 1900s and provides an extraordinary statement of Texas’ social history.
The W.H. Stark House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and designated as a Record Texas Historic Landmark by the Texas Historical Commission. The W.H. Stark House is a program of the Nelda C. and H.J. Lutcher Stark Foundation, a private operating foundation, whose other programs include the Stark Museum of Art, the Frances Ann Lutcher Theater for the Performing Arts, and Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center.